Friday, September 10, 2010

Banana Hoarder

I am a thrower...I don't save things, I don't really like clutter.  I think I get this from my Mom.  I do have a secret hoarding tendancy though...I can't bear to get rid of bananas.  I so dislike it when there are one or two left in a bunch that start to get a little spotted...and then a LOT spotted sitting on the counter.  So I save them.  In the freezer.  Currently, in my freezer there are 12 bananas scattered throughout.  I always tell myself, I'll make banana bread!  Sometimes I do.  But who needs that much banana bread?  So when I happened upon this smoothie recipe that calls for FROZEN bananas I though, this is perfect!  It is quite a tasty treat and it is also great for breakfast as it has fruit and protein! So here it is:

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
1 Cup Skim-milk
1 Tbsp sugar or honey (I used two packets of Splenda...honestly since it is made with banana I really don't think you need this part...especially if it is an over-ripe banana)
1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 frozen banana
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Put it all in a blender and turn it on...voila!


1 comment:

  1. Love bananas and peanut butter! I think you're good if the hoarding is limited to the freezer section - Could you come be a "thrower" at my house?

    ReplyDelete